At the GDC (Game Developers Conference) 2015 few new technologies were presented:
Vulkan, sometimes referred to as glNext, is a low-level cross-platform 2D and 3D graphics API first announced at GDC 2015 by the Khronos Group. The foundation on which Vulkan was built is derived from components of AMD’s Mantle.
- Khronos group – Vulkan page
- Video: YouTube | Vulkan and SPIR-V and presentation slides
- Khronos group recorded streams ustream.tv | khronos-gdc
- Vulkan debugger – YouTube | GLAVE
- Khronos group – SPIR-V page
- Oculus VR, John Carmack – twitch.tv | Talk on VR